Thursday, May 26, 2011

pretty petti!

Making tutus is a funny thing for me!  Growing up I never really considered myself a girlie girl.  I had a lot of boy-friends, had a boys bike, never wore dresses or pink, and got dirty...a lot!!  My poor parents!  Over the last 5 years or so I find myself trying to become more feminine as I get "older" (shiver!!!).  Once I had Abby I turned into a hopeless frilly, pink, flower, girle-girl (and I LOVE IT!).  Even still, it is a little odd for me to sit for hours and make a tutu.  I absolutely love doing them, but I have to chuckle at myself every time I do one...that for the tom-boy I used to be I am sitting on my couch in a mountain of colored tulle and ribbon.  It makes me smile every time.  In an effort to make a more frilly and fluffy tutu I made this last one a petti-tutu.  It's basically the same, but with more tulle and more fluff.  The ends have knotted tufts of tulle, which makes it more colorful and fluffy.  This one I made for Lori, and it is ocean-theme colors.  I hope her little girl loves it as much as this reformed tom-boy loved making it
I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend.  Eat some good BBQ and spend some time with the people you love
~Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment